Spring hasn’t quite reached us here in New England, but Poetry Month has. Here are a few of the ways I plan to bring more poetry into my life this month:
- All month long I will be participating in RhyPiBoMo, a challenge hosted by Angie Karcher. During this challenge I will read a rhyming picrture book daily, write a poem daily, and draft a rhyming picture book. It will be a challenge for sure, but a fun one, and Angie has some fantastic guest posters and prizes lined up. It’s not too late to join in – you can register through April 16.
- April 5: I’ll be adding a line to the 2014 Kidlitosphere Progressive Poem, which starts today over at Charles Waters’ blog.
- April 9: Read the final two poems (and vote for one!) in the March Madness poetry tournament over at Think Kid, Think.
- April 24: Celebrate Poem in Your Pocket day.
- I’ll be posting reviews of rhyming picture books on Fridays as part of Perfect Picture Book Friday.
- I’m planning to make a special effort to share poems and write poems with my kids this month.
What will you do for Poetry Month? I’d love to hear your ideas.